There is a danger that this Orbanization of the pension system policies may spread all over Europe if not counteracted.
A bit of globalist-neoliberal rage… about the spreading “Hungarian disease”…. 😀
BTW, Forbes forgot about Russia where it seems the Hungarian path is going to be followed, too.
Some further “symptoms of the Hungarian disease”, as Forbes put it, shown by UK Chancellor George Osborne who appears to take the word right out of Hungarian Prime Minister Orbán’s mouth sometimes:
- “No more ‘something for nothing’, says Osborne on workfare scheme: The UK is to launch a workfare scheme that will require the long-term unemployed to do community service in return for benefits.”
- “Mr Osborne said he wanted banks to pay their “fair share in tax” in bolstering the recovery and to increase lending.”
Not to mention the latest craze by Fidesz or Orbán, that is the “utility bill cuts”:
- “Labour would freeze gas and electricity bills for every home and business in the UK for 20 months if it wins the 2015 election, Ed Miliband has said.”
- “Social democrats leader Peer Steinbrueck wants to force the utility companies to reduce their tariffs if they win the elections”
Did I miss some other signs for the Orbanization of Europe perhaps?
- Taking on the big six energy giants is not a leftwing delusion – ask Hungary | Neil Clark (theguardian.com)